While a business owner that serves as their own general contractor is not a formal construction delivery method, it does happen! We decided to have a little fun and wrap up our delivery methods series by talking about GC-ing your own commercial construction project. A little hint…it’s much more complex than your typical home improvement project.
[03:15] If an Owner as a GC were a formal delivery method, what are the pros and cons
[09:30] Be prepared to manage A LOT of sub-contractors, emails and phone calls
[11:15] Projects it makes sense for owners to act as their own GC
[13:45] Why construction sequencing is paramount to meeting completion dates
[17:15] Estimating the average amount of time an owner as GC would spend managing their project
[19:00] You don’t know what you don’t know
Continue listening to our Delivery Methods podcast series:
- Delivery Methods: Four Paths A Business Owner Can Take To Complete Their Next Project
- Delivery Methods: A Deep Dive Into Design-Bid-Build
- Delivery Methods: What It Means To Be A Construction Manager As Constructor
- Delivery Methods: Is Construction Manager as Agent a Good Fit for You?
- Delivery Methods: Teamwork + Collaboration In Design-Build
- Delivery Methods: The Ins And Outs Of Development With Bryce Henderson