Bush Construction rose to the challenge on this project to completely restore the exterior facade of St. Ambrose Hall, the fully-occupied campus icon of St. Ambrose University built in 1885. This renovation served two purposes: to repair the deteriorating facade of the building and to return the structure to its original configuration based on construction plans that were developed 128 years ago. This complex project required daily coordination and cooperation from both the project team and the university faculty. Countless hours were spent in pre-planning the coordination, delivery, removal, and replacement of each of the 370 custom window units.
Other major construction activities included the replacement of all deteriorated brick and stone, tuckpointing of all masonry joints, restoration of all wood soffit, fascia and cornice work, replacement of the majority of the existing roof material, restoration of the existing clock tower, restoration of the existing dormers, and removal and infill of the existing exterior fire escapes. Mansards were restored to their original condition with the use of natural slate and copper flashings.
Bush Construction also built North Hall, a new residence hall, for St. Ambrose University in 2012.